Sunday, December 9, 2012

Table Revamp


I was in need of a new project, so I brought myself down the street to Goodwill in search of a piece of furniture that coule use some TLC.
Enter into evidence......exhibit A
It looks as though someone tried to do a little refinishing on this table with a dark red base and tried to crackle the top white coat.  In one word I would explain this as YUCK!  Oh and that piece laying against the table  is a shelf that came loose, and then just came off.  Oh and Jacob is not picking his nose in the back round..........I promise!
I went to Home Depot and picked out a color that I thought would do this table some justice.  I chose a satin ivory silk. I also purchased a clear finishing coat to protect it in a matte finish.
I didnt even have to sand the table.  This spray paint covered very well, I did use 2 coats just   be sure I got all the nooks and crannies.  After the table was completely dry, I used my favorite MinWax stain Jacobean to give it a distressed look.  I used an old dish washing sponge and dipped it in and dabbed the excess off and sponged the corners and edges and then finished it off by rubbing lightly over the table top.  See....
And there ya have it!!  I put the shelf back in and just added an extra nail to secure it back onto the table legs.    I love this table, I admit I have no place to put it, but it makes me feel good that it looks like it costs more the $8.00 now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment