Sunday, December 9, 2012

End of the year gifts


Another favorite gift that I made last year when Jacob was finishing pre-school...

Last year I bought all the kids in Jacob's class a little box of sparklers and I hung a tag off of them that said I had a "blast" with you this year.  Well this year, I decided I was gonna make ones that said, I had a "ball" with you this year and have Jacob make his own bouncy balls with a recipe I saw on Pinterest. After reading a little about the balls they said that they could fall apart, and I didn't want that so..........Enter exhibit A:
Image
I bought beach balls through Amazon.com and they each came individually packaged in plastic, so I decided to make my own little tags on the top.
I used cardstock in our lovely primary colors, that Jacob learned about this year.
Image
I cut them to measure 6-1/2 x 4-3/4 and folded them in half.
I used my computer to print out the words that I wanted in a few different colors to compliment the cardstock backgrounds.
Image
I used a publisher mailing label template to get the size I wanted to fit on my cardstock.
I cut them up rounded the edges with my my corner round punch and attached them.
Image
I stapled them in the bottom corners to the beach ball bags, making sure not to staple through the beach ball!!!!  I punched two holes in the top to tie a matching ribbon and I found bumble bee and ant stickers to decorate them a little.  So these are the gifts Jacob will be handing out at the end of the year picnic.  Cute right?!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment