Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pumpkin Patch


Hey!  This, by far, is my favorite DIY fall decor project yet!!  Here is the original blog   You Craft Me Up-Make Your Own Pumpkins.  As always, I changed it up a bit, but I used the same measurements that she used.
I had Alex, the cutie at Home Depot, cut my wood into measurements of
13-1/2", 15-1/2", and 18-1/2"
I did get a 4x4 in 8' so I was able to make two sets of pumpkins.
I spray painted them orange, sanded them down to look distressed, then washed my Jacobean and water mixture on, and then wiped it off.
I had Jacob search the woods for a nice chunkier twig that I could use as stems.
You should have seen me using the clever (is that what it's called) to cut them into small pieces, it was pretty comical!!
Anyway, I took a trip to Michael's Arts and Crafts and purchase a leaf garland ($9.99) for 60% off.  I had wire from a previous project, however you can find it in the aisle with the flower bouquet, wreath, wrapping, stuff.
I pulled the leaves off of the garland and I wrapped my wire around a paint brush to get the coil effect.
Everything is hot glued right on there.
I used twine to tie the pumpkins together, and I had a little scrap piece of wood that I spray painted with Espresso, then with Heirloom white over it and sanded it so the brown came though.
I used the single letter stamps and stamped PUMPKIN PATCH onto the sign and took my distress ink pad (Walnut Stain) and sponged that around the edges too.
Click on the pictures to get a closer look!
There ya have it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment