Sunday, December 9, 2012

Burlap Wreath


I love fall decor!!!!  I love the colors, I love the smell, I love it all.  During my discovery of pinterest....I found a few burlap wreaths that I thought were so cute, the one I pinned was from todaysfabulousfinds.blogspot.com So I took a little trip to Joann Fabrics and bought:
1-1/2 yards of burlap (there were a few different colors to choose from)
Head pins (a big box)
12" styrofoam wreath
anything that you may want to decorate the wreath with (optional)
So here it goes.......
I cut 4x4 squares of the burlap, it's ok if they aren't perfect.  Yes, I used my son's elephant measuring tap!!
Fold diagonal, corner to corner, easy right!?
Take one corner of the triangle and fold to the front bottom point, see!?
Now take the last corner and fold down to the back bottom point, get it?!
Find the perfect spot for it on your wreath and pin it with one of your head pins.
Here it is!
You can buy all sorts of the things to decorate it, or you can leave it as is.
Acorns, pumpkins, pinecones, berries, bows, flowers (see below!).
You can even make a wreath out of other fabrics!!
I tried it out on my front door, and decided I didn't like it, I would much prefer it on my old window in my kitchen, whatta ya think!?
I had a hard time taking the picture cause I'm actually holding the wreath up with one hand and the camera with the other!!
Anyway, you get the idea, I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment