Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chore Chart


Last night I decided that Jacob needs to do some chores around the house.  He's gonna be 4 years old in a couple weeks and I think every child should have some kind of responsibilities around their home.  After all, they are living in it just as much as you are!!  I googled a couple chore lists to see what is appropriate for a four year old, and I came up with
  1. clean up toys
  2. make your bed
  3. help take out trash
I think that'll work for now and I will start adding things like....
  1. putting his laundry away
  2. putting clean dishes (def not the glass ones)/silverware away
  3. setting or unsetting the table
  4. sweeping
those are a few examples that I saw while googlng.  Anyway, I had a clipboard hanging around and I didn't know exactly what to do with it, until now.
I chose paper that I liked from a 12x12 K&Company pad I had and glued the paper to the clipboard and trimmed off the excess with my handy dandy exacto knife.  Yup that's right, I own a knife other then the ones used in the kitchen!  On the top under the metal clip is a little tricky to trim around but just eye ball it and you'll be fine.
I used the cricut to cut out TO DO and DONE using the George Basic Shapes Cartridge and pasted them on either side of the board and found some green buttons to match and  a few other embellishments I had lying around.
I love the way the green and brown looks together.   Now for the chores....... I used my hole punches and stamped the edges (one with green and the other with brown), I wrote BED on one, I wrote TOYS on another, and I wrote TRASH on the last one and glued the 2 circles together and laminated them and trimmed the excess.  I used my crop-o-dile to attach a little silver eyelet on the top of each one.
I attached velcro to the back of each chore circle.  I put extra velcro on the DONE side too so Jacob can move them over himself when he has completed them!  I'm a firm believer that Jacob does not need to be paid after he does chores.  Chores are to be  done as long as he lives under this roof, which will be FOREVER! :) j/k.  That'll be his way of helping out around the house.  And for right now, he's as pleased as pie to complete the tasks and help mommy and to move the chores over to the DONE side.  He's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment