Sunday, December 9, 2012

A bedtime prayer


Kids obviously work well with routine.  I have had a bedtime routine with Jacob since he was born.  When he was an infant I would give him a bottle and sing a song or two said our prayers then off to bed he went.  Now that he's a little older, I will read him a book or two, say our prayers, I will lay in bed with him for a few minutes and then he's on his own to fall asleep, which happens pretty quick since he's no longer a napper.
Before Jacob was born, I wanted to make up a simple prayer that we would say every night and that eventually he would learn so we could say it together.  This is the prayer that I came up with and we have been saying for a little over 3-1/2 years now.  Hopefully he will remember it forever!!

Dear God,
Thank you for this wonderful day
And keeping me safe while I play
Be my guide through all I do
And look out for my friends and family too
Whether tomorrow be sun, wind, snow or rain
Please help me to remember to praise your name
In Jesus' name we pray
AMEN!






















No comments:

Post a Comment