Sunday, December 9, 2012

Puzzles


I don't remember where I got this idea, but I made a few revisions to it and made it my own!!  Jacob has plenty of puzzles to do but I thought that doing it this way....it'd be a little more fun!!  I took this picture...
Printed it from my computer (8 x 10) glued it onto a piece of construction paper.  I bought laminating sheets and laminated the whole thing.  Now I used my scissors to cut puzzle pieces out of the picture.  I did larger pieces cause my son is younger, but you can do any size you want, depending on how challenging you want it to be.
After I had all my pieces cut out.  I flipped them over (the construction paper side facing up) and put little pieces of velcro on each puzzle piece (the spiky side of the velcro, not the soft).  I have a piece of felt that I attach to Jacob's easel (that also goes along with a bunch of little felt people and outfits that a cut out, but we'll get into that another time!!) and now we can put the puzzle together on his easel! See...
                          
I bought little plastic envelopes from CVS and I store the pieces to each puzzle in a different one.  This way you stay nice and organized ;)
 You can even go as far as printing another copy of the picture in a wallet size and attach it to the outside of the envelope so you know which envelope holds which puzzle.  I think I might actually do that!!!!
Happy puzzling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment